How to Refund a Full / Partial Payment?
You may issue a refund directly using X-CD ONLY IF your payment processor is PayPal OR Authorize.net OR Moneris
AND if X-CD has enabled refunding for your site.
For those NOT using Paypal, Authorize.net or Moneris:
1. Login to your payment processor account and issue a direct refund.
To Issue a Refund Amount:
- Click Dashboard
- Click Attendee Module
- Click Manage button
- Located on the right side of the screen, in the Search field, enter the first few characters of the Attendee first or Lastname
- Click the Manage button for the Attendee
- Click Payments in the horizontal menu
Select Refund Payment
- If the message 'No payments are eligible to be refunded.' it means this person's registration is part of an exhibitor/company registration, you will need to go to the Company Registration, go to Registration in the horizontal menu, select Manage Staff and then select the individual's registration and proceed to follow the steps from step 5 above
- If applicable, click the checkbox beside the registration item(s) being refunded, if refunding an amount not tied to a registration item, skip to step 9
If applicable, enter a cancellation processing fee amount
- This will add a line item for the cancellation fee on the invoice and will be subtracted from the amount to be refunded automatically.
- If applicable, if not refunding for a specific registration item, enter a refund amount in the Fixed Refund Amount field and if applicable, Fixed Refund Tax Amount
- Click Next
- Enter an Admin note explaining the refund reason
Select the Refund Type such that
- System Credit = will not process a refund in your credit card system. It will only create a system payment record. (Note: you may need to remove the refunded item or apply a discount to offset the refunded amount if is it a partial refund)
- Processor Refund = will process a refund in your credit card system. For this amount, it will also create a corresponding payment record in the system. NOTE: This option will only work for those using Authorize.Net or Paypal or Moneris processors.
- Click the Process Refund button
If you wish to send an email to the end-user, click Admin in the horizontal menu, select Email Attendee to compose a message and send it.
- Note: You may attach an updated invoice showing the refund.
- If the person's registration should be canceled, then click Admin in the horizontal menu, select Cancel/Delete/Reinstate
Enter a Cancellation note, click Process Cancellation
- This will remove all items from the registration and mark them as canceled. Note: the attendee is NOT emailed.
How to See If Our System Can Issue Refunds Through X-CD?
If you select Refund Payments from the Payments menu and the message appears: Your site is not enabled for Refunds. Refunding thru X-CD is currently only supported for those who are using Authorize.Net or Pay Pal or Moneris as their payment ...
How to record a Refund (Credit) for an Exhibitor Registration
If the Exhibitor module is is setup to issue refunds directly, then use the Refund Payment menu option in X-CD. If the Exhibitor module is not setup to issue refunds, then use Create Credit menu option and issue the refund amount through the payment ...
How to Process Payment by Check / Cheque / Wire Transfer
Click Dashboard Click Attendee Module Click Manage button Click Filter By Status - dropdown box, then Select Pending NOTE: Registrations in Pending are those who have indicated payment by an offline-method. Click the Manage button for the Attendee OR ...
How to Apply a Credit for an Invoice (or Refund Check payments)?
Apply a Credit to an invoice when refunding an attendee's payment in part or whole for other forms of payment such as check or for systems that cannot issue a direct refund through X-CD. A Credit Note does not process the actual refund transaction, ...
How to Delete a Payment?
IMPORTANT NOTE: Credit Card Payments cannot be deleted A non-processed payment may be deleted by an admin. If the payment has been processed, the admin must unprocess the payment first and then delete the payment. To delete the payment record, ...