How to Apply a Credit for an Invoice (or Refund Check payments)?
Apply a Credit to an invoice when refunding an attendee's payment in part or whole for other forms of payment such as check or for systems that cannot issue a direct refund through X-CD.
A Credit Note does not process the actual refund transaction, but rather creates a record of the refund in X-CD
By applying a Credit to the invoice in X-CD, it will allow the refund to be logged properly in the X-CD financial reports and help you when reconciling payments/refunds against the Payment Processor reports.
NOTE: For check payments, you will need to contact your finance department to issue a check in the amount of the reimbursement and then go into your X-CD site and create a credit for the refunded amount and cancel the items/registration.
- Login to your Payment Processor Account and issue a refund.
- Login to your X-CD Admin site
- Click Dashboard
- Click Attendee Module
- Click Manage button
For each attendee registration to credit, Search for the individual and Click the Manage button to open the registration
- If the person's registration is part of an exhibitor/company registration, you will need to go to the Company Registration, go to Admin > Group Management in the horizontal menu, select See All Group Members and then select Edit on the individual's registration and proceed to follow the steps from step 5 below
- Click Payments in the horizontal menu
- Select Create Credit
- Enter a Credit Note providing a reason for the refund
- Select Yes for Mark Credit as Processed?
- Click the Add Credit button
- To Cancel the Registration, click Admin in the horizontal menu, select Cancel/Delete/Reinstate
- Enter a Cancellation Note
Click Process Cancellation
- This will remove all items from the registration and mark them as canceled. Note: the Attendee does not receive an email.
How to record a Refund (Credit) for an Exhibitor Registration
If the Exhibitor module is is setup to issue refunds directly, then use the Refund Payment menu option in X-CD. If the Exhibitor module is not setup to issue refunds, then use Create Credit menu option and issue the refund amount through the payment ...
How to apply a Credit to a Group Registration?
Click Dashboard Click Attendee module Click Manage Groups in the left side menu Search for the relevant group registration Click on the row, the group registration appears on Select See All Group Members on the far right side Click Edit ...
How to Refund a Full / Partial Payment?
You may issue a refund directly using X-CD ONLY IF your payment processor is PayPal OR Authorize.net OR Moneris AND if X-CD has enabled refunding for your site. For those NOT using Paypal, Authorize.net or Moneris: 1. Login to your payment processor ...
Testing Payments in Credit Card Test Mode
When your modules are set up by X-CD your payment processor is left in Credit Card Test mode so clients may review and check their form content, layout and requirements prior to testing payment. When in credit card test mode, transactions are NOT ...
How to See If Our System Can Issue Refunds Through X-CD?
If you select Refund Payments from the Payments menu and the message appears: Your site is not enabled for Refunds. Refunding thru X-CD is currently only supported for those who are using Authorize.Net or Pay Pal or Moneris as their payment ...