Recording Instructions for Speaker Self-Recording
- Use Google Chrome to record your presentation. Using Google Chrome will allow you to STOP the presentation using their floating screen display control
- Make sure that you give the webpage access to your microphone (and camera if you want to record your face). You will not be able to record your presentation if you do not give the browser access to your microphone.
- It is a good idea to run a quick 30-60 second test recording to familiarize yourself with the recording platform. You can easily delete and re-record after recording the test
- Close unnecessary tabs and open applications which can slow down your computer, and drain resources. This can affect the quality of your video recording.
- Remove anything that is hovering over your shared application screen
- Refrain from excessive mouse movements, clicking, and typing if not necessary
- Log in to your conference speaker portal
- Find your abstract/presentation and click the Record Presentation button
- A new window will appear and have a small guide for you to follow
Prepare your Presentation - check out our speaker tips and tricks sheet for detailed suggestions on how to get set up
- Turn your microphone on
- Speak out loud, and ensure that the microphone icon switches to a moving audio GIF to confirm microphone is on and detected
- Turn camera on (optional)
- Make sure your face is well lit, and you are in a quiet environment
- Make sure you are centered in your video screen and that you are in a comfortable position
- Avoid bright lights and windows behind you
- Share screen or application window
- When you are ready, click “Record”
- There will be a 15 second delay, and audio cues to prompt you before the recording begins
- You will not see your video during your presentation, but it will be recording behind the scenes.
- When you are finished presenting, return to the recording platform tab and click the red STOP button
- If you are using Google Chrome, you can also stop the recording by clicking the floating “Stop Sharing” button next to www.xcdsystem.com is sharing your screen.
- Your video will appear for you to preview.
- If you are happy with the video, click the green checkmark “Save & Upload”
- If you are NOT happy with it, you can click the red X to “Discard and re-record” and repeat steps above
How to download presenter headshots?
NOTE: For this download, we presume on your contact profile form, there is a picture field where contacts uploaded a photo. Click Dashboard Click Speaker module Click Reports Click Presenters tab Click Go button for #2 All Presenters Click Download ...
Speaker Tips and Tricks
Speaker Tips and Tricks Equipment and environment: ● Raise your computer if using the built-in camera. The most flattering angle for the camera to capture your face is from the same level or a little above your face. Grab some books or a slim box, ...
Zoom Self Stream - Going Live for the Zoom Host (Live Stream) Role
1. Log in with the credentials provided. - You may be required to logout/switch from your own zoom account Username will follow this structure email@example.com (number indicating the channel you are on) Create New (Personal) meeting. Ensure My ...
How to display speaker headshots in the online public program
Click on Dashboard Click Speaker Module Click on Program button Click on Public Program & Settings in horizontal menu Select Display Settings Scroll down to Participant Output Format In Display Profile Images select Yes
How to download all abstracts including withdrawn?
Click Dashboard Click Speakers Module Click Reports button Under the Primary Contact tab, click Go button beside All Submissions Click the check box so it is checked for Include Withdrawn Submissions Click Advance button Click Download Excel button ...