How to Create a New Conference or Event?
If you are a licensee of the X-CD system, you are able to create as many conferences as you need from your admin dashboard.
- You will be able to give your new conference a unique event name, event short name, its own unique color scheme/banner/template, start and end dates, event description, and website.
- You can then activate the modules you wish to use for the conference, and customize each of them to your liking. You are able to activate the Attendee, Exhibitor and Submission modules.
- Once your new conference is created in your X-CD system, you may manage the conferences independently from each site
- Click Dashboard
- Click Add New Conference button on the left side menu
- Populate the Fields for:
- Event Name - The full name of the event/conference
- Event Short Name - an abbreviation/acronym for the event/conference
- Conference Type - click the first field and select an option from the dropdown list of enter a new event type in the 2nd field e.g. Annual Meeting / Webinar / Virtual Conference
- Event Website Template - If there is an existing template from a former conference, select it here; otherwise, set to Default
- Event Start Date - The first day of the event in mm/dd/yyyy format
- Event End Date - The last day of the event in mm/dd/yyyy format
- Event Description - Provide details of the event.
- Conference Website - The URL for the independent website, if there is one for the Event
Activate the Modules to use for the Conference
Click Create New Event button
- For each module, click the Check box (checked) to Enable
- Provide Contact Name
- Provide Contact Email
- For Attendee Module, provide an Invoice Prefix value
- For Contact Form, If there is an existing template from a former conference, select it here; otherwise, set to Default
- For Registration, If there is an existing template from a former conference, select it here; otherwise, set to Blank Form
This will create the Conference and list all of the activated modules under it. Group logic will be transferred
Hide/Display logic on fields or field options will not be transferred and will need to be reapplied.
If your organization holds many events with different types, such as Masterclasses, Seminars, Conferences, etc... Be sure to fill in the Conference Type accordingly. This will allow you, the administrator, to filter your events by Conference Type, saving you time when looking for the correct event in your dashboard!
How to Create a Template for my Conference Site?
Editing your template allows you to change the look and feel of your conference system (front end login pages, forms, colors banners etc.) Your system is set up initially with a default template which is meant to replicate your conference or ...
How to Add a Module or Copy a Previous Module for a Conference?
Group logic will be transferred, however, Hide/Display logic on fields or field options will not be transferred and will need to be reapplied. Click Dashboard Click Conference Home for the Conference to add a module in Click + Add Module Select ...
How to Manually Create an Exhibitor Registration?
Click Dashboard Click Exhibitor Module Click Add Exhibitor in left-side menu Add an Existing Company from the dropdown list or Manually complete the fields to add a new company Click Add Existing Company As Exhibitor button OR Add New Company As ...
How to Add a Contact to my Conference System?
The email field is the only required field, but the more information - the better! Once the individual is added as a contact to your system, the user profile will be shared across all of your conference modules. If you have a large list of ...
How to Edit Conference Details?
How to Edit the Conference/Event Name? Click Dashboard Click Conference Home located on the far right of the screen by the Conference to rename In the Event Name field, you may edit the current text. Scroll down, click Update Conference button to ...